- Sebastián was born in Argentina. He lives and works in the small town of Balcarce in the state of Buenos Aires
Why does he like working at EDI?
- He can work for EDI completely remotely from his home country Argentina
- He has a lot of freedom and has taught himself his skills in React JS, Node JS, Ruby on Rails, Python, Kubernetes and Selenium at EDI
- He can fully use his skills as a software architect
What are his responsibilities?
- Team leader and development owner of the core services team
- Plan and organise the tasks of his team members
- Testing the software with integration and HDOD tests
- Performing code reviews in GitLab
- Various tasks in the DevOps area
- Communicating with colleagues via Slack and Discord
His path to EDI:
- During his studies in Argentina, he worked at a research institute that offers a Double PHD with KIT in Karlsruhe
- At the Physics Institute in Karlsruhe, he implemented a piece of code in the analysis system to integrate the detectors developed there
- There he met Heinrich Blatt (CTO of EDI), who offered him to work for EDI.
- Sebastián accepts the offer and becomes one of the first employees of EDI